Aspiring and Creative Makeup Artist Classes
BASIC BEAUTY MAKEUP
9am–3pm Cost: $ 395
This introductory class is perfect for aspiring makeup artists and individuals who love makeup and want to learn how to apply it expertly. Our Basic Beauty class is also good for students who are undecided about a career and who would like to explore makeup artistry as a profession. This class is designed to accommodate all skill levels. No previous makeup experience is required.
9am – 10am Introduction to Makeup Artistry as a Career
- Building a professional Kit
- Color theory
- Kit hygiene and work ethics
10am – 10:30pm Makeup & Skin Care Products
- Hypoallergenic cleansers, toners, and moisturizers
- Choosing foundation and blush appropriate for your clients’ skin type, color, and coverage needs
- Natural makeup colors and products for the eyes and lips
10:30am – 11:15am Creating a Natural Makeup Application
- Step-by-step makeup demonstration of how to use natural colors and professional techniques
11:15am – 12pm Hands-on Practice
- Students create a natural-looking makeup application on their model
12pm – 12:45pm LUNCH BREAK
12:45pm – 1:30pm Highlighting, Contouring & Blending Techniques
- How to successfully incorporate shading, highlighting, and contouring to create an illusion of high cheekbones, a narrow nose, and slimmer neckline.
1:30pm – 2:30pm Hands-on Practice
- Students create a professional makeup application incorporating the proper highlighting, contouring, shading and blending techniques best suited for the facial features of their model.
2:30pm – 3pm Student Q & A, Kit & Product Purchases