Medik8 superficial peels are one of the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures performed to rejuvenate and revitalise the appearance of the skin. With little or no downtime, Medik8 enzyme and chemical peels offer a virtually risk-free, results-driven therapy for a wide array of skin conditions, including fine lines and wrinkles, acne, acne scaring, hyperpigmentation, dry or flaky skin and many more.
- A Chemical Peeling is a cosmetic procedure based on the application of an enzyme or chemical exfoliant to the skin on order to induce necrosis or destruction of the epidermis and/or the dermis cells resulting in the removal of skin lesions or imperfections and the improvement of the skin texture. It is s relatively simple treatment used for cosmetic management of numerous skin condition, such as acne scarring, photodamage and hyperpigmentation.
- An Enzyme Peeling is a suitable alternative to chemical peeling for persons with delicate and very thin skin. It is based on the application of a digestive enzyme exfoliant to the skin to induce controlled necrosis or destruction of the uppermost layer of epidermal (dead) skin cells, leading to improved skin texture, radiance and luminous skin glow. Enzyme Peeling is very suitable for Hypersensitive & Ethnic Skin.
We can differentiate and classified the Peels into 3 types:
- Superficial Peel: such as the Medik8 Superfacial Enzyme Peel
- Superficial Peel Level 1: such as the Medik8 agePeel, whitePeel, betaPeel, eyePeel
- Superficial Peel Level 2: such as the Medik8 Jessner Peel
Medium Peel ($75)
Such as Medik8 TCA 30% – performed ONLY by qualified medical persons or nurses.
Deep Peel ($75)
Such as the surgical cosmetic procedures performed ONLY by specialised medical consultants and surgeons.
At The Beauty Therapy Room, the following Medik8 Superfacial Peels are performed:
A. Superfacial Enzyme Peel – This peel contains PAPAIN, naturally derived enzyme. It acts as a powerful digestive enzyme derived from papaya fruit which essentially “eats” dead skin cells from the surface, leaving the skin smooth, soft and glowing but without the downtime intense peeling.
The Superfacial Enzyme Peel:
- is good for dull, tired skin, as well as suitable for ALL skin types.
- is ideal for persons with hypersensitive skin or those undergoing their first peeling procedure i.e. for first-time persons.
- has NO visible signs of skin peeling.
- can be repeated at regular intervals with virtually no downtime.
- feels just like a “super” facial.
- Suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive and can be used on ethnic skin.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 1 – These peels involve the destruction of majority of the epidermis. They have been formulated to target specific skin concerns. They are the perfect option for those looking to have the best results with minimal “side effects”.
The Superfacial Peels ($75) – Level 1 are:
- agePeel – effective treatment to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and fade away imperfections, leaving the skin smooth and renewed.
- whitePeel – effective treatment to achieve a brighter and even skin stone, free of dark spots and hyperpigmentation by eliminating skin cells rich in melanin and prevent the darkening of the new skin cells. This treatments is designed to target sun damaged and hyperpigmented skins.
- betaPeel – effective treatment to bring down acne and control it and reduce the risk of future outbreaks by targeting blocked pores, comedones and inflammation.
- eyePeel – effective treatment to the eye area which shows initial signs of ageing. This treatment is designed to reduce the lines, the tone and plumpness in the eye area as well as the fine lines and wrinkles by eliminating the dead skin cells. It I suitable for mild to moderate ageing skin and all skin types.
The Superfacial Peels ($75) – Level 1:
- are designed to achieve the desired solution.
- have best results with minimum downtime balance
- have visible long lasting results.
- can be used all year round.
- have minimum irritation.
- are virtually painless
- have no downtime from skin shredding, redness and irritation.
- can be applied to other areas of the body.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 2 - these peels are superior treatments designed to remove the dead skin cells more deeply. They have multiple functions to treat and lighten the areas of hyperpigmentation, sun damaged skin, mild to severe acne condition, mild scarring, discoloration and moderate wrinkles.
The Superfacial Peels – Level 2- are Medik8 Jessner Peels and they are good for moderate wrinkles, pigmentation, imperfections and scarring.
The Superfacial Peels ($75) – Level 2- Jessner Peels:
- are often used as a preparation step for deep peeling.
- have visible long lasting results.
- different strength can be achieved.